SCOPE OF ACTIVITY
- Accreditation of Certification Bodies (Product-System-Personnel)
- Accreditation of Inspection Bodies
- Accreditation of Laboratories (Testing / Calibration)
WHAT IS EGAC?
The Egyptian Accreditation Council is recognized by the Presidential Decree number 312/1996 as the sole national body for the assessment and accreditation of conformity assessment bodies performing testing/ calibration Laboratories, inspection and certification of products & systems as well as personnel .
EGAC is headed by the Minister of Trade & Industry and governed by a board of 14 members, representing all stakeholders and concerned bodies.
Presidential Decree number 312/1996
Presidential Decree number 248/2006
Presidential Decree number 248/2006 (English)
- Set up a system for assessment of conformity assessment bodies, and issue accreditation certificates.
- Grant, suspend, or withdraw accreditation for conformity assessment bodies. Carry out continuous surveillance of the accredited bodies.
- Contribute to upgrading the quality of services of conformity assessment bodies according to the international criteria.
- Encourage the exchange of experience among different accreditation bodies.
- Support mutual recognition between conformity assessment bodies working in Egypt and abroad and conclude agreements for this purpose.
- Represent the state abroad in accreditation activities and cooperate with corresponding bodies.
Arabic Version for EGAC Brochure Arabic Version for EGAC Brochure Areas of Experties Areas of Experties EGAC Financial Report 2009/2010 EGAC Financial Report 2009/2010 Search for accredited laboratories (DivisionI) Search for accredited laboratories (DivisionI) Search for accredited laboratories (Division II) Search for accredited laboratories (Division II) Search for accredited Inspection bodies Search for accredited Inspection bodies Search for accredited Medical Laboratories Search for accredited Medical Laboratories
Kindly see below link to an article on the Development of Accreditation in Africa that is available
on the AFRAC website under the News and Events page.