Accreditation department for person certification bodies is responsible for assess and accredited the organizations which are operating certification of persons in accordance with ISO/IEC 17024 and the certification scheme.
The certification schemes are designed to supplement the requirements included in the international standard ISO/IEC 17024, and requirements that the market needs or desires, or that are required by governments.
ISO/IEC 17024, serve as the basis for the recognition of the certification bodies for persons and the certification schemes under which persons are certified, in order to facilitate their acceptance at the national and international levels.
In contrast to other types of conformity assessment bodies, one of the characteristic functions of the certification body for persons is to conduct an examination, which uses objective criteria to measure competence and scoring which is characterized by impartiality.
This accreditation not only certifies that accredited bodies have the competence for their conformity assessment; it also independently confirms maintenance of this competence by means of regular assessments.
The interested parties for bodies provide certification of persons are Individual persons, group or organization affected by the performance of a certified person or the certification bodies.
Benefits of Accreditation for Person Certification Bodies:
- Valuable tool to prove proficiency/competency of the person.
- To fill the positions with accredited certified person not only qualified person.
- Ensure effectiveness training and real experience accredited certified persons because they are the top most important characteristics when selecting a candidate.
- Defines the requirements that must be met by the participants in the examination process.
- It helps in development and maintenance of a certification scheme for persons.
- Verifying compliance with training standards for professionals, experts, etc.
- The accredited certified person becomes a one of certified professional’s community nationally and internationally.
Example of Person Certifications for example but not limited to:
- Welders and Joining Personnel.
- Occupation Health and safety personnel.
- Non-Destructive Testing Personnel.
- Nurses and Medical Personnel.
- Construction Personnel.
- Management Systems Auditors, Managers, Assets, …
- Information Technology Personnel and computer programmers.
- Farm Process Personnel.
- Food Safety inspectors.
- Project management personnel.
- Solar Energy personnel.
- High pressure gas pipeline experts
- Experts in fire safety.
- Experts in motor vehicles.
- Specialists in health care.
Egyptian Accreditation Council (EGAC) is Recognized in ISO/IEC 17024 by International Accreditation Forum (IAF), Arab Accreditation Cooperation (ARAC) and African Accreditation Cooperation (AFRAC).
Accreditation According to ISO/IEC 17024 Requirements by EGAC in Person Certification Bodies is Internationally Recognized by International Accreditation Forum (IAF), Continentally by African Accreditation Cooperation (AFRAC) and Regionally by Arab Accreditation Cooperation (ARAC).